Saturday, February 20, 2010

First sale!

Well, I got my first sale! It was actually a custom order for a pilon (mortar & pestle). I made the mortar out of a block of hard maple and the pestle out of pear wood. They came out pretty darn good. I'll be making a few more to take to a couple of shops in town that sell kitchen stuff.

I also made a 'tip jar' and a "have a penny-leave a penny" cup for Carolines coffee shop here in town. http://www.carolinescoffee.com/
 They really liked them and I even got a free coffee for it! I'll be making more of them for other shops in town. (especially the coffee shops!) The tip jar is made up of several pieces of cedar laminated together and the penny cup is from a block of ash that a friend found in a yard he was doing some landscaping in. (thanks Clayton!) I was able to get a couple of pretty cool bowls from the block as well. We'll have them up on ETSY soon.



















I'm going to be teaming up with my good friend Clayton, who does metal work, to make some unique outdoor furniture. He does some amazing design and metal sculpting. Together we should be able to create some real interesting pieces. We should have some preliminary designs in the next couple of weeks and the first pieces not too long after that. Pretty exciting stuff happening!

Have a great day and don't forget to ((hug)) your woodworker.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the sale! That's awesome news! I really like the tip jars-great way to adverstise yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((Hug)) - That's the only way I can hug my woodworker, unless he makes a trip East!

    ReplyDelete