Thursday, February 11, 2010

Bonsai bowl update

Success! I completed the bowl for my friends bonsai and I still have all my fingers and there are no new holes in the shop walls. I still have to apply a few coats of sealer, but the turning is complete. I'll get some good photos and upload them tomorrow, but for now I'm just happy that there was no visit to the ER today!
I also made a ring out of  some pear wood today. It turned out well, so I'll be making more of those. I'm going to try making some ear rings out of the pear wood, should be interesting.
Anyway, that's it for now.
Have a great day and remember wood is good.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Your work is fantastic! Very manly but also very classy. It's amazing how much you can do with wood. lol. But be careful, don't need any missing fingers. Keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. I'm trying to keep things coming that are all unique in some way. For the most part, I really don't like to make duplicates of any piece. (Unless someone requests it of course)
    One of the beauties of wood is that you can turn 2 things from even the same tree and get amazing variety in color and grain. That's one of the things I like best about working with it.
    I do make sure to count fingers often to make sure they're all still there. :)

    ReplyDelete